The Sirubari village is a totally unspoiled Gurung settlement set in the hiss at 1700 meters above sea level. The climate is ideal at any season of the year. During the September to June season with warm days and nights. Sirubari village is a short drive and walk from Pokhara, the major tourist center for the Annapurna. The trail to the village is steep but well made and most people manage to reach the village after a three-hour walk. We will be welcomed into the community and invited to stay in the home of one of the villages.
The accommodation is simple but comfortable with good bedding as well as clean toilet facilities. The food is delicious and you will be eating your meals as one of the family. Each night there will be entertainment provided by the community, one evening this will be in the form of traditional Gurung and Nepali dancing and singing. You can join in if you want. The living culture and tradition of Gurungs blended with their rich hospitality make for an unforgettable experience for any one who visits Sirubari.
The villagers love, for flowers is shown in an all year around riot of colors. Being oh the southern slopes of the ridge the village enjoying long sunny day and is ideal for agriculture. In may 2001. Sirubari in conjunction wit the Nepal truism board was awarded the PATA Gold award in recognitions of its efforts to preserver the culture and heritage of Nepali life
Offers excellent views of Annapurna South and Mt Fishtail,Typical Gurung villages at Landruk, Ghandruk, & Chhomrung, Machhapuchhare Base Camp, Great mountains views from Annapurna Base Camp, Panoramic views of Annapurna, Annapurna South, Hiuchuli, Annapurna I, Machhapuchhare, Gangapurna, Tent peak, Gandharba Chuli, Natural hot spring at Jhinnudanda
Sirubari Village Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu International Airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara: 6 hour drive by tourist bus or 30 minutes flight takes you Pokhara.
Day 4: Pokhara to Arjunchaupari. After drive to Arjunchaupati Trek to Sirubari village. Meet the family. Watch local cultural programs. Overnight in the local House.
Day 5: Explore the village and its surroundings. Hike through the neighboring villages. Enjoy the cultural programs and observe their daily lifestyle.
Day 6: Climb to Dahare hill for views of the mountains and village scenery. Spend our last evening with the family. Probably one of the best experiences for you.
Day 7: Walk back to the Arjunchaupari. Drive back to Pokhara overnight in Hotel.
Day 8: Pokhara – Sightseeing Day. Early in the morning we can take a taxi to the Sarangkot hill for viewing sunrise and spectacular snowcapped mountain ranges. After lunch back to Pokhara and visit Devis fall, Tibetan refugee camp, Cave and boating in the lake…
Day 9: Pokhara to Kathmandu: Drive back or fly out to Kathmandu. Evening join Cultural show programme with Nepali dinner.
Day 10: Final departure, transfer to airport
Enjoy a Village Tour
Many of these villages are close to unspoiled natural areas where wildlife may be seen undisturbed. The traditional culture of the different ethnic groups is a highlight of all village visits, during the home stay program people can sample the all local organic products and handicrafts. These warm and friendly people are always ready to perform their music and dance to give an insight in to their religion.
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu B / B
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide
- All meals during Village tour 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners)+ Tea and Coffee
- Home Stay accommodation during the Village tour
- Government Licensed holder English speaking Trekking Guides and Porters during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available).
- Trekking Permit.
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu
- Airfare domestic / international
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days from date of issue), US$ 40 (duration 30 days from the date of issue) you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Airport tax domestic / international
- Mineral Water, All alcoholic drinks
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
- Any kind of personal expense / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section